1. A letter writing campaign. First, take a picture of your naked tree. Then, in a big, bold, colorful font at the top of your letter write the slogan of your campaign. Maybe it will be:
- "Leaf" a sign of love for our future little one.
- Help! Our tree is NAKED!
- We have fall-en in love with a baby halfway across the world.
- The Smith family is blossoming and we need your help!
- Would you like to be a part of our family tree?
2. Do you have a blog? Fabulous! Take pictures of your tree and sell leaves online. You can post a new picture of your tree each month to show your readers how your tree is growing and encourage them to take part!
3. Get your church involved! Find a secure place to leave your tree and a piggy bank. Or, bring it with you and place it in the lobby or fellowship hall each Sunday morning or Wednesday night. Make an announcement about your tree. Advertise for it in the bulletin. Bring it to Sunday school classes. Invite members of your church to make donations and leave their fingerprints. Here's a fun twist: ask them to write their favorite bible verse by their fingerprint.
4. Incorporate the tree into all your other fundraising efforts. Place a print on your tree for every t-shirt or coffee bag you sell. Set it on a table when you have a bake sale, garage sale, or benefit concert. Add prints for online auction bidders, necklaces sold, or socks knitted. The sky is the limit!
Have other great slogans for a letter writing campaign? Do you know a fun new way to use the fundraising tree? We would love to hear it! E-mail us at: email@example.com